Friday, April 15, 2011

4/15 - short spin from San Carlos to work

Yesterday I slept in and did a quick spin on the Steven's Creek/Moffet/San Tomas paths with Ammon. Today in theory I was going to "ride hard" with the SF2G ride, there was a "fast" ride and an "almost as fast" ride leaving at the same time, but I was awakened at 5:30 AM by my son and really wasn't up to getting out, and I had to still clean my bike from Wednesday's festivities. So I ended up on the 7:44 AM Caltrain and tried to cut them off for a shorter but still hard-ish ride. I got off in San Carlos and started soft pedaling. Of course, this ended up such that the front group caught me right at Google. I said "Hi", and went back to the dirt.

197 miles this week per Strava and I feel very beat up. It probably would not be so bad if I were getting more sleep and time to stretch. I'm taking the weekend off, then planning to ride very very hard M/T/W because I am then going to Illinois to sit on the couch, sleep in, and eat Easter food (trying to limit the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs). That should be a good rest to set me up for the next round.

No comments: