Tuesday, June 10, 2008

That said...

I'm going riding with my wife tonight - RWC Caltrain at 5:25 plus however late that train is :(
Caltrain ranters on the peninsula feel free to join in for a rant fest! I'm rolling the Webcor colors per usual, slow tempo. When all fails - go for a ride!

EDIT: I did go on the ride, but I was late because I was bumped at Mountain View from the 5:03 train. I had to wait for the 5:37, and made it on but 10 others were bumped. That train then bumped 10 at Menlo, and 10 at Redwood City...

1 comment:

ammon said...

I had the same experience last monday : bumped sunnyvale @ 4:58, caught 5:37 @ mtn view and watched 12 others get bumped. Then twice along the way we had to stop and recheck cables due to emergency lights. And the air conditioning was broken. Also that morning the train in front of us broke down at mtn view and we were stuck motionless on the tracks for 50 mins with no option to exit.

As a result, I've been using Apple's direct shuttle from sf a lot more lately, which also has been bumping people (they call a backup bus when that happens). I'd rather be on the caltrain for commute flexibility and bike exercise, but it's become more of a hassle.